Finally, in fairness, dear pets, I have posted the following message on the front door:
TO ALL NON-PET OWNERS WHO VISIT AND LIKE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT OUR PETS:
1. They live here. You don't.
2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. That's why they call it 'Fur'-niture.
3. I like my pets a lot better than I like most people.
4. To you, they are animals. To me, they are sons/daughters who are short, hairy, walk on all fours and don't speak clearly.
Remember, dogs and cat's are better then kids because they:
1. Eat less.
2. Don't ask for money all the time.
3. Are easier to train.
4. Normally come when called.
5. Never ask to drive the car.
6. Don't hang out with drug using people.
7. Don't smoke or drink.
8. Don't want to wear your clothes.
9. Don't have to buy the latest fashions.
10. Don't need a gazillion dollars for college.
11. If they get pregnant, you can sell their children.